Documents relating the business of General Convention, including the Agenda, Book of Reports and Proposals, will be uploaded to this page as they become available. Convention delegates will be notified about new documents via Synod eNews, to which they are automatically subscribed.
- Ordination Dialogue Booklet
- 2015 Book of Reports
- Minutes of 2013 General Convention of Synod
- LCA Strategic Direction 2013-2018 approved by 2013 General Convention of Synod
- LCA Governance Framework (working document)
Advice from General Pastors Conference re Women and the Call to the Office of the Public Ministry
General Pastors Conference was held 7-9 July 2015 at St Michael’s Church and School, Hahndorf, South Australia, in order to fulfil its duties to give guidance and to serve as a theological adviser to General Synod in matters of doctrine and confession [LCA By-Laws V.F 1. (a) and 2.]. The business of the meeting was to consider the proposals referred to it by the General Church Council at its meeting of 5-6 June 2015 in preparation for the forthcoming General Convention of Synod to be held 29 September – 4 October 2015.
The major agenda item before General Pastors Conference was Women and the Call to the Office of the Public Ministry, in particular the sixteen congregational proposals relating to this issue. On 17 July 2015 the Secretary of the Church forwarded to LCA pastors and General Convention delegates the advice of General Pastors Conference on this matter, together with three congregational proposals.
- A proposal submitted by the Mid Murray Parish reaffirming the LCA’s current position
- A proposal submitted by the Grampians Parish reaffirming the LCA’s current position
- A proposal submitted by St Peters Indooroopilly that the LCA accepts the ordination of both men and women
- The advice of the General Pastors Conference on these three proposals
The date for submitting proposals has passed. The following LCA bodies were able to submit proposals for inclusion on the agenda: congregations, boards, standing committees and commissions, General Pastors Conference, General Church Council and its executive, district synods, district church councils and pastors conferences. Due to the early meeting of our pastors in conference (7–9 July), proposals for General Convention were required earlier than usual — by 15 May 2015.